- Rick Reilly and Andy Katz chimed in on Jimmer Fredette today. It seems at least couple people managed to enjoy Jimmer for what he was without trying to spin superlatives about him.
|We see you Jon, and we're laughing|
- Jimmer isn't all that is happening in basketball. Last night OSU and Thad Matta went on their merry way and Jared Sullinger vowed to play another year in Columbus. Emotional decisions don't tend to be the best ones, so we'll see how long this lasts. Rob Dauster points out that lucidity after a loss is a lot to expect from an 18 year old.
- Thad Matta should be taken to task for not using a timeout last night. His assertion that the heave near the buzzer was "a good look" was absurd. OSU had two timeouts and plenty of time left. Not using either of those effectively is inexcusable.
- Doug Gottlieb alone might make getting through the ESPN pay wall worth it. His breakdown of Kemba Walker off the ball and Duke's collapse are both excellent.
- I don't like Butler, but Brad Stevens is a tremendous coach. His players clearly respond to him and he refuses to get sucked into the constant official haranguing that most of his peers engage in. His humility paid off earlier this year when he need some help.