Shootaround is a new feature that will take a look at Xavier news on what would otherwise be a down day. Shootaround will be focused mostly on links and will be augmented with quick thoughts about the team.
- Xavier's win against UD extended the Musketeers streak of home wins over the Flyers to 26. Dayton hasn't won in Cincinnati since 1981. The win also extended the A10 home winning streak to conference record tying 34. Temple, the current record holders, are the next home opponent.
- The updated A10 standings show Xavier on top a 3-0, tied with surprising Duquesne and George Washington teams. Temple is just behind at 3-1, and Richmond and Rhody are at 2-1. Of the serious contenders only Dayton is struggling with two early losses.
- One of those two Dayton losses was, obviously, to Xavier. CBS has a recap available online.
- Brad Redford caught up with James Posey back in December. If you haven't had a chance to see Redford in action yet, check it out.
- Xavier's .308 3pt percentage is well down from last year's .377. Dante Jackson is the main culprit, down from 40% to 28%.